**Connect with us on Facebook @HamiltonConnect
A prominent manufacturing company in Bristol, CT has an immediate opening for a buyer. Ideally, the candidate with having knowledge of mechanical and electrical components used in military projects.
- Identify and negotiate prices and terms with new and current suppliers.
- Materials planning and management to meet customer requirements.
- Supplier audits.
- Work with and advise other departments as needed.
- Manage subcontracts.
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business & Supply Chain, Business Administration.
- 5 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive computer experience with purchasing and accounting software.
- Some travel required for auditing suppliers.
- Experience with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) a plus.
- Experience with MACOLA a plus.
Pay will depend on experience. Please include salary requirements when submitting your resume.
You can submit your resume for consideration. Or (recommended) to speed up the process, you can complete our online application. Below is the link to that application (scroll down and click “Fill Out Our Application Online”). Once we have received the application, someone will contact you regarding the next steps.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com