Hamilton Connections of Brookfield is looking for a CNC setup and programmer for a manufacturing company in Danbury. The ideal candidate thinks logically and displays technical aptitude to solve problems with creativity, diligence and achievement. Call us for more information at 203-456-1800.
Salary: $30 per hour
Hours: 2/3:30 p.m.-10/10:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Programming, program selection and program editing on CNC multi-axis turning centers
- Interpret engineering drawings to manufacture parts using CNC machinery
- Ability to make correct tool selection for parts manufacture
- Demonstrate ability to process work orders independently or with minimal instructions.
- Work with multiple CNC machines
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Identify quality, process, machinery, or equipment defects
- Oversee day-to-day operation, promote safety and 5S work environment.
- Monitor team performance, tablet usage and reporting in Machine Metrics Program.
- Implement continual training for teammates (temps and permanent). Work with HR on matrix training record management system.
- Participate in company training courses, safety and project onsite.
- Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications include:
- 7+ years working in a manufacturing environment/machine shop
- Proficiency with heavy machinery including lathe, drill press, grinding wheel, chop saw, and mill
- High level of proficiency in geometry/trigonometry
- Previous experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Ability to sequence or edit programs on lathe and prototrak.
- Read measuring tape, gauges, and calipers
- Ability to utilize inspection equipment
- Excellent leadership, time-management, and organizational skillset
- CNC Machine certification a plus
- Must be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous experience in plastics machining preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com