A manufacturing company in Wallingford CT is seeking a R&D Technician on 1st shift. This is a temp-to-hire position.
- Serve as liaison between R&D and operations with day-to-day production needs.
- Support R&D automation system builds and startup
- Main point of contact for cell/system training
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain automated equipment, PLC’s, Robots and Vision Systems.
- Adjust pick-up and program robot points and frames.
- Perform failure analysis on equipment to establish preventative and predictive maintenance routes in compliance with Quality Systems.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe working environment by following 6S standards.
- Properly follow all procedures and policies.
- Use correct P.P.E. per JHA’s and Job Description; required to wear safety shoes with the standard F2412 and F2413 rating. Individuals trained in NFPA 70E Arc Flash are required to wear electrical hazard safety shoes with the F2412EH and F2413EH rating.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities, including Idea System.
- Analytical & process oriented with automation, industrial controls, and troubleshooting experience.
- Have knowledge of electronics, mechanics and computers.
- Electrical background and Arc Flash Trained.
- Able to work Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent preferred; one to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education/training may be acceptable.
- Ability to read ladder diagrams, schematics and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, technical instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Pay is based on skills and experience. Please see the link below to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com